Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

homemade breakfast sandwiches

    my favorite

    Let me preface this by saying that I have no idea why these photos came out in black & white. I'm really pissed off at Walgreens for continuing to mess up my photos every time and this is the last straw. So many amazing colors lost! Anyway, the other morning Brent prepared these delicious egg, bacon, and muffin sandwiches with a side of potatoes for breakfast. When he first told me about wanting to do this I laughed and called them "gourmet egg mcmuffins" to tease him but quickly took it back before he could change his mind about making them.

    potatoes

    potatoes

    Brent's original intention was to make the potatoes into a sort of patty, flip it over, and bake it in the oven. That didn't really work out so he just continued frying them in the fresh sweet cream butter that he bought from Cheese Board the day before.

    pouring the egg

    The eggs! To get the desired round shape which fits nicely in the english muffin, we poured the scrambled eggs into these round dishes and microwaved them. Yes, we microwaved the eggs. They actually come out quite cute and fluffy but still taste as good! I'm sure you can also find a mold and fry it, but that's just us.

    bacon

    in the oven

    When it came time to cooking the bacon, my health conscious freak of a boyfriend (just kidding chu, ilu!) refused to fry it in its fat and instead opted for baking it. The bacon was still surprisingly good even with the fat melted off. Okay, I'm not going to lie, I was pretty hesitant about it at first and almost had to beg him to fry it but it all worked out in the end, right Pika?

    oh, bacon!

    the spread

    And here's our final spread before assembly! To drink we had bottled milk and valencia orange juice, well, he bought the milk just for me since he doesn't love it as much as I do. In addition to the potatoes, eggs, and bacon, Brent picked up an heirloom tomato for me and sharp cheddar from Cheese Board. Tomatoes and milk, he knows me so well.

    fresh english muffins

    All of you non Bay Area readers must be wondering what the hell this Cheese Board place that I keep ranting about is. It's this really superb pizzeria/store owned by its workers where each member is an equal shareholder. It's right by Brent's wine shop in North Berkeley so it's easy for him to swing by and pick up a couple freshly available items. These english muffins were baked and purchased the day before but still just as fresh and delicious!

    assembly pt. 1

    assembly pt. 2

    See how cute the eggs came out? It fit perfectly in the toasted muffin, followed by two pieces of bacon torn in half, sharp cheddar, and a tomato slice for me. These were some seriously hefty sandwiches and I'm pretty sure neither of us was able to eat any more meals for the rest of the day after that. Excessive? Maybe, but totally worth it.

    side by side

    the bite